Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between A Colonoscopy And A Lower Gi Test
63 year-old woman still has continuous mild stomach pain affecting her daily life, despite 3 yrs of medical treatment for gastritis found after.....?
I saw GI for positive iFOB test. She wants to do both upper GI and colonoscopy. This seems very extreme.. Could I possibly wait it out instead?
NO: Blood in the stool is never something you can ignore. The gastroenterologist is correct ...Read more
Saw GI for positive iFOB test who scheduled upperGI/colonoscopy. Given that I'm young, I don't see why this is necessary unless things worsen?
You should proceed: if this is your doctor's recommendation. Likelihood of finding a pathological condition that requires treatment is low b/c of your age, but it is not zero. ...Read more
Too sick: If you were too sick for the 2 procedures i.e. Severe end-stage COPD would put you at risk for the sedation or severe blood abnormalities in which case the non-invasiveness of both GI series would make those 2 tests more attractive. Also, sometimes endoscopes are not physically able to be performed due to anatomical variations. Gi aries could get around this problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could front right lower abdominal pain be caused by endometriosos? My GI doesn't think its a GI problem same with my gyno and a colonoscopy was fine.
Diarrhea for 4 months, no blood. Gi doc tested for c-diff, parasites, colonoscopy, IgE other tests?
Sounds Right: That sounds like an appropriate start.Get a more detailed answer ›
Mucus in stool Everyday. GI dr says its ibs. Blood test and stool culture normal. Colonoscopy not done. Can ibs cause mucus in stool Everyday?
Mucus on stool: Mucus discharge occurs in up to 50% of patients with irritable bowel syndrome, with or without pain. Mucus may also be produced in response to partial obstruction, chronic constipation, rectal dysfunction, infection, & even from secretory villous tumors of the rectum, among others. ...Read more
Abdominal pain for a month. Saw GI two weeks ago. Meds/dairy elim=unsuccessful. Should i get colonoscopy/endo that my gp rec. Or allergy test? I'm 23
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is difference between colonoscopy and lower gi?
- What is the difference between a colonoscopy and sigmoid test?
- What is the difference between a colonoscopy and an endoscopy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between a colonoscopy and a endoscopy?
- What is the difference between hysteroscopy and colonoscopy?
- What is the difference between ileostomy and colonoscopy?
- What is the difference between a colonics and a colonoscopy?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free