Doctor insights on:
What Is The Difference Between A Blood Clot And A Bruise
I have sore bruise halfway across the back of my knee. I noticed it yesterday after feeling sore pain. I did not injury it. Could this be a blood clot?
Blood clot?: doubtful. Have you been traveling? need more history to guide you. Perform a virtual consult to get more information and be able to help you. ...Read more
Bruise Or Contusion (Definition)
Bruises, or ecchymoses, are discolorations and tenderness of the skin or mucous membranes due to the leakage of blood from an injured blood vessel into the surrounding tissues. A serious disease called pupura presents as a cluster of small bruises called petachia. Petachia often appears as many tiny red dots clustered together, and could indicate a problem. ...Read more
Location: Blood clots occurs within blood vessels, when liquid blood solidifies. Outside of blood vessels, thiscollection is called a hematoma. A bruise occrs when capillaries are damaged and blood seeps out, usually after blunt trauma. Less severe than either of the above. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
no: Hematoma from contusion is accumulation of blood will show bruised mark. ...Read more
fast enough: Severity can trigger blot formation or hematoma esp. If you take blood thinner. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between bruises and blood clots?
- Difference between blood clot sciatica
- Difference between cramp and blood clot pregnancy calf
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the similarity and difference between a stroke from clot and ischemia?
- What is a difference between calcium channel blocker and clot buster?
- Nail bruise vs. fungus
- What is the difference between hypertension and high blood pressure?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free