Doctor insights on:
What Is The Definitive Test For Brugada Syndrome
What are the risks of a "Procainamide challenge" to diagnose Brugada Syndrome? My EP recommended this test to rule out Brugada.
This syndrome: is so rare that there is insufficient data to answer your question. If the test you mention is done in a modern , hospital based electrophysiology unit..the risks are MINIMAL..and a lot less than the risks of UNTREATED BRUGADA syndrome!!!! My opinion only Hope it helps! DR Z ...Read more
Brugada Syndrome: There are different types of Brugada Syndrome, although all types lead to similar electrical disturbances in the heart. SOME are inherited and familial, whereas other types are not and are caused by structural abnormalities of the heart, certain medications, cocaine, and rarely severe electrolyte disturbances. Talk to cardiologist or electrophysiologist about your type and possible cause. ...Read more
Is a rSr' pattern in V1 and V2 with no mention of ST elevation possible indicative of Brugada syndrome?
Disabling Dysrythmia: Brugada syndrome is usually not disabling by itself. Although the fainting can keep one from their occupation, having the implantable defibrillator can really make a difference in the ability to sustain meaningful employment. It is may be grouped with some other disabling diagnosis that would allow some impairment rating. Check with your cardiologist. ...Read more
Brugada Syndrome: Absolutely! the person could die suddenly from an abnormal heart rhythm. I strongly recoomend that you read about this at:http://www.Mayoclinic.Com/health/brugada-syndrome/ds01142; and if you have ever fainted unexpectedly, had a really funny heart sensation, or have had anyone in your family die from an unexpected "heart attack" see your doctor and get checked out right away. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the result of stool test for white blood cells in gastroenteritis?
- What is the normal range for crp test?
- What is the lifespan for people who have treacher collins syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for unusual odors rancid butter syndrome?
- What is main test for heart strength echo what about the cardiac output?
- What is the good number range for a thyroid test?
- What is the earliest time frame for an accurate hepatitis c test after infection?
- What is the test for down syndrome during pregnancy?