Doctor insights on:
What Is The Definition Of Non Communicable Disease
Give to others,,,: Communicable diseases can be given to others while non-communicable diseases cannot. ...Read more
If someone had a communicable disease and wanted to come to your house, how would you politely decline?
POLITELY!: Just tell them that you (and family, etc) are not taking visitors or guests for the next few days to to personal reasons. Give your regrets and nothing more. If they push the issue, just be firm. You have the right to protect yourself and your family from harm and anyone not willing to accept this has their own issues and will have to deal with it. ...Read more
Yes: Outbreaks of serious disease are well known. College dorms and military barracks are famous for outbreaks. Newborn nurseries have had outbreaks. In bad cases all family and school contacts should receive prophylactic treatment. In some settings the cdc has to get involved and develops strict isolation requirements. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is the difference between a communicable disease and a contagious disease and an infectious disease?
Spread: A communicable disease is a disease many others may get and that is why we have vaccinations. A contagious disease is a disease someone in contact with the person may catch. An infectious disease is a disease that may be spread within the person such as a virus or a bacterial or a fungal infection. An infectious disease may be contagious and communicable but does not have to be. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: COPD (emphysema/chronic bronchitis) is not a communicable disease. It usually occurs in past or current smokers and can sometimes have a genetic predisposition (ie patients with Alpha one antitrypsin deficiency). One patient cannot typically give another patient the disease by cough, touch, kissing, etc. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the life expectancy of someone with heart disease or condition?
- What is the name of the disease causes vomiting and eyes to turn yellow?
- What is a the definition of cardiac autonomic neuropathy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the progression of graves disease?
- What is the definition of target heart rate zone?
- What is the name of the bacteria that causes lyme disease?
- What is the principal sign of coronary artery disease?
- Talk to a public health specialist online for free