Doctor insights on:
What Is The Deadliest Cancer Type In Children
Pediatric oncologist: Physicians who specialize in cancer care for children are pediatric oncologists. These doctors have generally done medical school plus a three year period of on the job training in pediatrics followed by a two to three year period of on the job training in cancer care focused on treating malignant diseases in children. ...Read more
My father has been diagnosed with prostate/stomach/lung cancer that is widespread. Is this contagious to my young children or type 1 diabetics?
Leukemia is the most: Common; followed by central nervous neoplasms. The others are less common: lymphoma (hd and non-hd), wilm's of kidney, retinoblastom of the eye, neuroblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, osteosarcoma, ewings sarcoma, hepatoblastoma, dysgerminomas...There may be more, but they are less common than these! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
There may not be one: I'm not aware of a specific charity that donates to all groups equally. Even defining "equal" is tough - equal in terms of number of cases of cancer per group means that men and women will need a greater percentage of the proceeds. Equal in terms of number of years of life lost to cancer means that children have a stronger balance in the decision. Many groups do try to help all three groups. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Death: This depends on many factors. The age of the children, their relationship with grandma, what grandma would like. No one knows exactly how long a person will live with cancer so it is difficult to tell the children. There are several books on the subject. Find a support group with your church or hospital to find help. Talk to friends who have lost loved ones and ask how they handled it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the most common cause for having diabetes in children type 1 or 2?
- What is the most common brain cancer in children?
- What are indications that glioblastoma cancer is in the final stages?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Duration of a fever in children
- What is the leading cause of high blood pressure in children?
- What is the meaning of red eyes dark circles under the eyes in children?
- What is the difference between tics and transient tics in children?
- Talk to a pediatrician online