Doctor insights on:
What Is The Cost Of Knee Replacement Surgery
Cost of total knee: It varies on the region. The surgeon gets about $1100 or so, the implants cost $4000-8000 or so, the hospital and physical therapy get the most payments. The total costs may approach $35, 000-38, 000. Other costs for radiology, pharmacy, rehab, home care, etc. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How long after double knee replacement surgery will I likely be released to be able to drive? I want to have realistic expectations.
Strength: Although most pts are limited with pain prior to a tka, doing excercises to build-up your quads will help. This can be straight leg raises and wall sits. Practice using a cane or crutches as well. Building up your iron stores with a MVI or eating greens will help limit any affects of postop anemia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Total knee recovery: Full maturation period for a total knee is 12-18 months. This is to achieve final full motion ; strength ; the fluid motion you will have for many years to come. Most people will participate in 6-12 weeks of formal pt. However, somewhere between 4-12 weeks, people generally stop their formal therapy and continue there lifelong maintenance exercise program. Best outcomes require regular exercise. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Knee replacements can provide years of pain-free activities. The more aggressive the activity, the greater chance to cause problems down the road. Think of them like tires-how you treat them will affect their lifespan. Impact activities like running will shorten their lifespan, while knee-gliding activities like skiing place less stress on them. Chose your miles carefully ! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the role of a pacemaker after aortic valve replacement surgery?
- What is the popping i hear after knee replacement surgery?
- What is the best type of exercise for building leg strength after knee surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the age limit of heart bypass surgery?
- What is the average recovery time of an ac joint surgery?
- What is the purpose of ted stockings after surgery?
- What type of exercise bike is recommended for knee replacement therapy?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free