Doctor insights on:
What Is The Correct Distance To Keep Your Eyes From The Computer Screen
There is none: The best distance is that which is most comfortable for you. Some people prefer to be slightly closer, while others prefer to be further back from the monitor. There is no risk for eye damage from modern screens, although staring for long period can cause strain and dry eyes. The key is regular breaks to relax the eyes, and glasses and lubricant eye drops if needed for best comfort. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Examples are: colonoscopy for colon polyp or cancer; mammograms for breast lesions or cancer; psa a blood test that could indicate enlargement of cancerous prostate tissue; blood sugar or hemoglobin a!c for diabetes. Many think that scanning the whole body will pick up a cancer--in all likelihood, it will not. There also is no good blood test, yet, ...Read more
No danger: Although it can cause eye strain and discomfort, there is no risk of blindness from being too close to a computer monitor or television. The real question is: why would you be sitting so close? You may need glasses, and could benefit from an eye examination. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No, take breaks: The distance from the screen has nothing to do with the effect of the light on your eyes/retina What you need to do instead is make sure you take breaks. 5-10 minutes every hour away from the screen/light is adequate to rest the eyes. Don't pick up your cell phone during that time - best is to actually close eyes and let them rest, but can also just stretch, take a walk, etc. ...Read more
No issue: This will do no harm. You must have an unusual baby who would site for a long time looking at a computer screen. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does staring at a computer screen ruin your eyes or cause cancer?
- Looking at computer screen caused sunken eyes
- Does reading from computer screens cause nearsightedness?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How bad is it to stare at your computer screen all day long?
- How do you protect your eyes from harmful radiation when working on computer?
- Can eye strain from looking a computer screen for too long cause nystagmus?
- Is it bad to massage my eyes when they get tired from computer use?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free