Doctor insights on:
What Is The Correct Distance To Keep Your Eyes From The Computer Screen
There is none: The best distance is that which is most comfortable for you. Some people prefer to be slightly closer, while others prefer to be further back from the monitor. There is no risk for eye damage from modern screens, although staring for long period can cause strain and dry eyes. The key is regular breaks to relax the eyes, and glasses and lubricant eye drops if needed for best comfort. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Examples are: colonoscopy for colon polyp or cancer; mammograms for breast lesions or cancer; psa a blood test that could indicate enlargement of cancerous prostate tissue; blood sugar or hemoglobin a!c for diabetes. Many think that scanning the whole body will pick up a cancer--in all likelihood, it will not. There also is no good blood test, yet, ...Read more
No danger: Although it can cause eye strain and discomfort, there is no risk of blindness from being too close to a computer monitor or television. The real question is: why would you be sitting so close? You may need glasses, and could benefit from an eye examination. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No, take breaks: The distance from the screen has nothing to do with the effect of the light on your eyes/retina What you need to do instead is make sure you take breaks. 5-10 minutes every hour away from the screen/light is adequate to rest the eyes. Don't pick up your cell phone during that time - best is to actually close eyes and let them rest, but can also just stretch, take a walk, etc. ...Read more
You bet!: When we stare at something for a long time (computer screen, book, wall) we decrease the amount of blinking per minute. Blinking pushes water on the eye (reverse windshield wiper) to coat it. When you don't blink, the eye dries and sends a signal to the tear gland to produce more tears in order to protect the eye. It is a sign that you are staring too long. Try a break or artificial tears. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best way to detox your body from alchol and drugs?
- What is the best way to keep your brain alert amd focused?
- What is the correct way to use your knee muscles when you go down the stairs?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best pill to make your hair grow fast?
- What is the best contact lens solution to use for sensitive eyes?
- Is using a laptop in the dark harmful to your eyes?
- What is the best way to treat a sunburn on your face?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free