Doctor insights on:
What Is The Connection Between Leg Cramps And Pulmonary Hypertension
Unrelated: Pulmonary hypertension is increase in the pulmonary artery pressure, resulting in shortness of breath, fatigue, chest pain, cough, and may have ankle swelling. Cramping in leg muscles is seen with venous incompetence often associated with ankle swelling. The two different disease process can cause ankle swelling, and that may contribute to the cramping. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Leg pain can be due to a muscle cramp (also called a charley horse). Common causes of cramps include: * Dehydration or low amounts of potassium, sodium, calcium, or magnesium in the blood * Medications such as: o Diuretics, which can cause you to lose too much fluid or minerals o Statins, which lower cholesterol and can cause muscle injury * Muscle fatigue or strain from overuse, too much exercise, or holding a muscle in the same position ...Read more
No: There is no relationship.Get a more detailed answer ›
I have pulmonary hypertension. Today i noticed red spots above my left ankle, and a few up my leg. They don't itch. What could they be?
Are the elderly with COPD & pulmonary hypertension & clot in the leg prone to cough? How can cough be avoided?
After two months of being in hosp my mom was finally moved to a rehab. After a week on being there her legs r swelling up again. Could her pulmonary hypertension be further along than we think?
Can an elderly with copd, pulmonary hypertension, blood clot in leg take cough syrup for her cough?
Yes: Yes, if your doctor prescribed it for you. He/she already factored in all of your problems and medications you are currently on with any new medication recommended. ...Read more
Pulmonary hypertension is elevated blood pressure in the lungs and can be a primary problem or due to other causes. The right side of the heart pumps blood to the lungs and if the BP in the lungs is elevated, the right side of the heart can often fail over time. Pulmonary hypertension can be difficult to diagnose and usually requires echocardiography ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between arterial hypertension and pulmonary hypertension?
- What is the connection between hypertension and thromboembolism?
- What is the difference between pms cramps and early signs of pregnancy cramps?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between pelvic pain and menstrual cramps?
- What is the connection between endometriosis and hair loss?
- What is the difference between bad leg edema and elephantiasis?
- What is the connection between l-arginine and gout?
- Talk to a cardiologist online