Doctor insights on:
What Is The Connection Between Alcohol And High Blood Pressure
Increased risk: People who drink more than two alcoholic beverages per day (one drink being a glass of wine, a beer, or a shot of liquor) have about double the risk of developing high blood pressure. Studies have shown that people who drink to excess can reduce their blood pressure by cutting down on alcohol. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Alcohol and High BP: Alcohol abuse is a frequent contributor to elevated blood pressure and may be the most common cause of secondary hypertension. The mechanism of this association is unknown. In most cases, the blood pressure elevations are reversible and return to normal upon discontinuation of alcohol use. ...Read more
Be temperate: Alcohol can interfere with many prescription medications (ask your doctor, it depends on which medicines you are taking). However, if used in moderation (up to 3 - 5 drinks/week), there isn't harm, and actually there may be a slight health benefit! be temperate. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Almost same: High BP is a single reading that can go up temporarily from exercise, stress, pain or illness. Hypertension is a treatable diagnosis of repeated high BP readings > 140/90 without acute stress. Other than that they are often used to mean the same thing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Please tell the difference between hypertension and high blood pressure. How they're linked? Both are same and how? Explain in detailed manner.
Yes: Portal HTN is in liver from cirrhosis and other liver abnormality systemic HTN is mostly hereditary and treatments ate different ...Read more
lipovene: I can find no information on lipovene, do you mean lipozene? In any case if there's nothing in the scientific literature, there's nothing good or bad you can be sure of. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the connection between high blood pressure and the heart?
- What is the relationship between high blood pressure and eye sight?
- What is the difference between hypertension and high blood pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the relationship between cardiac output and blood pressure?
- What is the difference between blood pressure in the upper and lower extremities?
- What is the connection between taking vitamins and blood clots?
- What is the difference between bruises and blood clots?
- Talk to a cardiologist online