Doctor insights on:
What Is The Common Recovery Time After Retinal Detachment Surgery
The retina is the light sensitive layer in the back of the eye that transmits images to the brain via the optic nerves to create vision. If a hole or tear develops in the retina, eye fluids can separate the retina from underlying layer (choroid) . The most common cause of retinal holes or tears is traction from the vitreous, the clear gel that fils the inside of ...Read more
3-8 weeks.: Although less common, a short acting gas bubble in a relatively simple detachment can facilitate a shorter period of face down positioning. Surgeons use gases with different rates of absorption for this purpose. Usually drops continue for between two and four weeks, depending on situation. Finally, silicon oil can be used and no positioning at all is required but the oil must be removed. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Following retinal detachment surgery, my central vision is now pinched. Will this improve over time?
Maybe: Depends on reversible or irreversible causes. Pinched vision is waviness? Or maybe post retinal surgery with wrinkled retina. If there is heme or swelling in the fovea (macula) that resolves, then vision can improve. If there is scar in the fovea, then the vision won't improved. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Ask your surgeon: Ask your surgeon.Get a more detailed answer ›
Limits eye movement: Your doctor may have patched both eyes so that you don't move your eyes. Depending on the situation, your doctor may have bilaterally patched you because both eyes move when you try to only move one eye. This type of patching is very uncommon nowadays. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the usual recovery time after brain surgery to remove a tumor?
- What is the recovery time after surgery to for pituitary adenoma?
- What is the typical recovery time after carpal tunnel surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the recovery time after hernia surgery?
- What is recovery time after surgery to remove a dermoid cyst?
- What is the recovery time after taking an antibiotic for chlamydia?
- What is the recovery time after ovarian cyst removal?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free