Doctor insights on:
What Is The Cause Of Uterine Polyps
I keep getting uterine polyps. Is there something I can do such as diet etc to help reduce getting them? What causes uterine polyps to keep forming?
Unopposed estrogen: Unopposed estrogen is the culprit especially as women his the latter stages of their menstrual careers at age 35 and up. There is no diet that can change the incidence of polyps, but if you are having very long intervals between cycles of 49 days or more, your MD can add progesterone Rx to minimize increased endometrial growth which causes polyp formation. Cervical polyps are not included. ...Read more
can be asymptomatic: It's possible to have uterine polyps without signs or symptoms. Symptoms include: irregular menstrual bleeding, bleeding between menstrual periods, excessively heavy menstrual periods, vaginal bleeding after menopause, and infertility. To diagnose: uterine ultrasound, and biopsy or currettage with biopsy. Thank you for question. ...Read more
Yes: She can get pregnant. But polyps do increase the risk of infertility and possibly miscarriage. We usually remove them if we know about them and a woman has been having trouble getting pregnant. In most cases, they do no harm. In your age group, they are rarely cancerous. Research shows they can often fall off on their own. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the real cause of endometrial polyps?
- What is the cause of polyps?
- What is the cause of polyps in uterus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a lump near my pelvic area what is the cause of this
- What is the cause of pain in my collar bone and numbness in both arms?
- What is the cause of early morning bowel movements?
- What is the cause of my outer ear pain when i sleep?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free