Doctor insights on:
What Is The Cause Of Restless Legs And The Treatments For It
The best way to consider akathisia is to imagine the need to move. Patients with this condition have major problems sitting still. They have a need to move. This can be a side effect of medication, may be associated with disease such as parkinsons, or may be a normal variant. Most doctors use it it describe the ...Read more
Medication approach: The classical approach is to use Dopamine agonists, such as requip, mirapex, and Neupro (rotigotine) patch, but prior use of l-dopa, and Clonazepam have helped. However, some pts may have abnormalities in iron metabolism, and if so, treatment of this problem may suffice. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Restless legs: Restless legs syndrome can be due to other underlying medical cconditions such as iron deficiency, peripheral neuropathy, varicose veins or thyroid disease. Treating the underlying cause may relieve restless legs. Dopaline agonists such as pramipexole, or Gabapentin often help. But there is no such thing as the best treatment that uniformly works well in every single case. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alternative treatments restless leg
- Alternative treatments for restless leg syndrome
- Causes of restless legs syndrome
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can klonopin cause restless legs?
- Klonopin withdrawal causing restless legs
- Antidepressants cause restless leg syndrome
- What are the symptoms of restless leg syndrome?
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free