Doctor insights on:
What Is The Cause Of Pinworms Transmission In Adults
Pinworms is a condition in which a person (often young children, sometimes parents of young children) has little parasites called pinworms in his large intestine and his poop. Pinworms are threadlike worms about half an inch long, causing the main symptom of butt-itching or butt-scratching in kids. Treatment is usually ...Read more
Is it true that Mebendezanole kills adult pinworms inside you causing the eggs to hatch inside and reinfect you? this worries me??
No: The Mebendazole is a toxin that affects the nervous system of the worm and any eggs developing within them.To reinfect yourself, you simply contaminate your fingers with any eggs in your environment.These can be bed clothes, sheets, etc.These eggs pass to your face or mouth by chance,travel through your stomach to your gut.Wash your hands and sheets more often and reinfestation will stop. ...Read more
Maybe.: Pinworms could cause itching during the day, especially if you are infested with a lot of them. Other causes are possible, like a dermatitis from a soap, detergent or fabric softener, or even cleaning to often. See a doc to see if pinworms are the problem. You can collect the eggs at home See http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pinworm/basics/tests-diagnosis/con-20027072 ...Read more
Ingesting the eggs: Pin worm eggs are found in the bedding of affected infants & toddlers, shed into their clothing from the skin around their anus where the adult worm lays them. The eggs are laid in a glue like substance that irritates the skin, so the kids are often scratching the area & dispersing the eggs.If the kid or others touch their mouth with contaminated fingers, they get a dose of eggs & start over. ...Read more
In medicine and biology, transmission is the passing of a communicable disease from an infected host individual or group to a conspecific individual or group, regardless of whether the other individual was previously infected. Sometimes transmission can specifically mean infection of ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the most common cause of seizures in adults?
- What is the cause of nose bleeding in adults?
- What is the cause of hiccups in adults?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the cause of pain in my collar bone and numbness in both arms?
- The muscles in the back of my leg have been sore lately what is the cause
- What is the cause of numbness tingling in the feet while on an elliptical?
- What is the method of transmission in bacterial pneumonia?
- Talk to a pediatrician online