Doctor insights on:
What Is The Cause Of Hepatitis
Many: Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver. Can be infectious (variety of viruses including mono from epstein barr or cmv, hep a, b, c, d and others), toxic exposure or reaction to meds, drugs, alcohol, autoimmune, metabolic, conditions in pregnancy, obstruction to flow of bile, poor blood flow, and more. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hepatitis is an inflammatory condition of the liver. Almost all cases are caused by viruses, including most commonly hepatitis a, hepatitis b, and hepatitis c, or by toxins (eg alcohol). The liver swells, it doesn't work properly leading to a failure to detoxify some biochemical substances, and a failure to excrete bilirubin, leading to jaundice. Some cases are fatal, ...Read more
What are the possible causes of hepatitis B?
What are the symptoms of hepatitis B?
What are some drugs given to a hepatitis B patient?
It's a virus: Hepatitis B is a virus transmitted by coming in contact with the blood/body fluids of someone infected. Symptoms can be mild to severe & appear within 1-4 months: abdominal pain, dark urine, fever, joint pain, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue & yellowing of skin (jaundice). Acute hepatitis B often resolves with rest/good nutrition. Chronic: antivirals/interferon/liver transplant. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Virus at early age: Hep b: common (world-wide) viral infection, commonly obtained at birth from mom who is chronic carrier (probably got it at birth from her mother). Adult onset (usually blood transmission, less likely sexual): better chance of being only acute, not chronic. "dose" of exposure, genotype, immune response all play a role. Can rx. Chr inf can lead to more liver problems, incl. Cirrhosis, failure, ca. ...Read more
Hepatitis B virus: these are different viruses.Get a more detailed answer ›
What causes the hepatitis b and c virus? Like mosquitoes causes malaria, what causes hepatitis b and c virus
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the scientific name of the organism that causes hepatitis b?
- What is the scientific name of the organism that causes hepatitis c?
- What is the cause of a large hard lump in my calf muscle?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the cause of pain in my collar bone and numbness in both arms?
- What is the cause of early morning bowel movements?
- What is the cause of my outer ear pain when i sleep?
- What is the cause of large clitoris?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free