Doctor insights on:
What Is The Cause Of Hair Loss In Men
Hair loss, otherwise known as alopecia, can be caused by different reasons, including damage to the hair shaft or follicles or fungal infections. There are two main types of alopecia. Alopecia areata occurs when the body's immune system attacks hair follicles and causes hair to fall out. Androgenetic (or androgenic) alopecia, on the other hand, is an inherited form of hair loss. With alopecia areata, hair can fall out in patches all over the body. With androgenetic alopecia, hair on the head first thins and then falls out. In men, this is called male pattern hair loss; in women, it is called ...Read more
Of course not: I'm sorry there are people out there who make up this kind of thing to frighten you. ...Read more
No: It just doesn't. Nor will it make you hairy / smooth / stupid / blind / unspiritual / an unfit father / husband. One of the cults has a phony mock-scientific account of how it causes baldness, and if you've been deceived by this, I'm sorry and I hope you'll walk away from it. If you're obsessed with erotica, your doctor can help. But enjoying yourself a few times daily is fine. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: The stuff you read online telling you that enjoying your body will make your hair fall out was made up by a cult. It looks like real science. It is total rubbish, a pack of lies, intended to frighten you. Stay away from these websites and the people that peddle this junk. Life is difficult enough without them. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best hair loss treatment for men?
- What really causes hair loss?
- What causes hair loss and weight loss?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the cause of hair loss in women?
- What are the causes of juvenile hair loss?
- What causes hair loss on the eyebrows?
- What are the causes of mustache hair loss?
- Talk to a dermatologist online