Doctor insights on:
What Is The Cause Of Flat Feet
Genetics: Flat feet are usually just what you were born with. You can exacerbate this with poor foot wear and certain activities but generally it is a laxity of the ligaments in the foot and it is how your are. Give yourself a lift and get some inserts (arch supports) and if problems, see your orthopedist with interest in feet or a podiatrist. Don't be a "pain in the foot"! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A fallen arch is commonly known as a flatfoot. The foot loses the arch on the inner side of foot. This is also known as pes planus and there can be either a flexible version and a rigid version. A flexible version is flat only when weight is applied on the foot; a rigid version is flat when the foot is off and when the foot is on ...Read more
Shoes, orthotics.: If you allow your foot to function "flat" as an adult, it can often progress to a more painful, flatter foot over months to years. This may be due to posterior tibial tendon dysfunction, or pttd. Check with your doctor: you may need custom inserts, an ankle brace, or surgery to prevent further deformity and pain. ...Read more
Orthotics: See a board certified podiatrist and have a set of custom made functional forefoot orthosis balanced to neutral made for you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is causing a burning sensation on the soles of my feet?
- What is the cause of numbness tingling in the feet while on an elliptical?
- What is cause of the left side bottom feet burn?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the cause of cold hands and feet?
- What is the cause of numbness in hands and feet?
- What is the cause of tingling in hands and feet?
- What is the cause of sweaty palms and feet?
- Talk to a orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon online for free