Doctor insights on:
What Is The Cause Of Death For Als Patients
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is a disorder of the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord that play a role in controlling voluntary muscle movement. While few cases may be due to a genetic defect, the cause is usually unknown. Symptoms include difficulty breathing, muscle ...Read more
Death: Not sure which patient u r referring to. Please clarify. ...Read more
NAC: N-acetyl cysteine, salt nebs both breakdown mucous. ...Read more
See below: At this point there is no cure for als. There is a medication that may slow the progression but it is not a cure. Als can progress at different rates in different people. I have known some people who lived much longer that was predicted. There is a lot of research being done and someday in my lifetime, i hope there will be a cure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No : muscle fasciculations can be seen in a variety of situations ranging from muscle overuse and fatigue to electrolyte imbalance to denervation issues (I.e. Damage to the nerve that connects to a specific muscle). In a person with no overall medical issues, the muscle twitching is most likely benign unless other symptoms such as weakness and loss of sensation are present ...Read more
My sister is a patient of als, she is taking rilutek tablet.is there any other treatment of this disease?
Unfortunately no: Due to concern regarding glutamate toxicity, other meds have been added on occasion, such as gabapentin, memantine, Lyrica, but little proof these provide additional value to the riluzole, which remains the main FDA approved chemical. Just a theoretical long-shot, and not researched at all, but the medical food MetanX and vitamin D-3 supplements might be considered. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the common bad effects of mdma what is the way it can cause death?
- What is the average number of years for hemodialysis patient to receive dialysis?
- What is the possible cause of death in blood transfusion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the leading cause of pericarditis for the elderly?
- What is the care of a patient on dobutamine for chf?
- What is the real cause of hair fall is there a proven solution for this problem?
- What is the cause of dizziness for six days in an otherwise healthy woman?
- Talk to a neurologist online