Doctor insights on:
What Is The Cause Of Congestive Heart Failure
Experts: Here's an expert monograph from the mayo clinic with a terrific explanation and list of causes: http://www.Mayoclinic.Com/health/heart-failure/ds00061/dsection=causes. ...Read more
Heart failure is a complex set of conditions in which the heart "fails" to pump a normal amount of blood with each beat. This can be due to poor squeezing function (systolic heart failure) and/or a stiff heart incapable of filling normally (diastolic heart failure). Common symptoms include swelling and trouble breathing, particularly when ...Read more
One day at a time: I have many patient living very productive lives. Doctor needs to treat the conditions that makes heart weak (htn, atrial fibrillation, irregular heart beats, anemia, diabetes, cholesterol, stroke prevention etc) . Balance eating, exercise, and mostimportant pma (positive mental attitude). ...Read more
Only at the moment: It may cause cardiovascular collapse when the anaphylaxis is severe. This is more from reduction of plasma volume in the vascular bed than actual cardiac failure- but the result would be the same since the heart will not be able to provide enough blood supply to the body. CHF is from the heart's inability to pump enough blood through your vascular system despite adequate or even high plasma volume. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
CHF: Not at all.Get a more detailed answer ›
What are some preventative test you can take to prevent congestive heart failure? What are the signs? What is congestive heart failure and how is it caused, and what is the result of the body after congestive heart failure?
Basically, it is a condition in which your heart becomes an inefficient pump. As a result, fluid backs up into your lungs and also your lower extremities. There are numerous causes for this but ischemic heart disease is the most common cause. This can be diagnosed by laboratory test, chest xray, as well as an echo or ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the causes of congestive heart failure after open heart surgery?
- What is the difference between heart failure and congestive heart failure?
- Does congestive heart failure cause swelling of the face?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the longest a person could live with mild congestive heart failure?
- What is the longest you know someone had survived with congestive heart failure?
- What is the longest someone not treated lived with congestive heart failure?
- What are the key symptoms of congestive heart failure?
- Talk to a cardiologist online