Doctor insights on:
What Is The Cause Of Congestive Heart Failure
Experts: Here's an expert monograph from the mayo clinic with a terrific explanation and list of causes: http://www.Mayoclinic.Com/health/heart-failure/ds00061/dsection=causes. ...Read more
Congestive heart failure, otherwise known simply as heart failure, is a condition in which the heart muscle is weakened. It may be receiving inadequate blood flow, its valves might be malfunctioning or the heart muscle might have thickened or stiffened. As a result, the heart, which is a pump, cannot supply the body with sufficent oxygen and nutrients. When the left side of the heart is damaged, fluid builds up in the lungs, which results in difficulty breathing. When the right side of the heart is affected, fluid builds up in the extremities and abdomen, resulting in swelling of the legs and poor absorption of nutrients due to ...Read more
Flow demands: The fetal heart is required to do about half the work of living outside. Blood from the body is pumped through the heart back to the body & placenta without going through the lungs. Mom also does the work of providing nutrients, removing waste & keeping temperature stable. After birth, the heart must pump thru the lungs & do more work. The additional load can lead the heart to fail. ...Read more
Is it possible for MRSA infections to cause coronary artery disease and lead to congestive heart failure?
Heart failure is a complex set of conditions in which the heart "fails" to pump a normal amount of blood with each beat. This can be due to poor squeezing function (systolic heart failure) and/or a stiff heart incapable of filling normally (diastolic heart failure). Common symptoms include swelling and trouble breathing, particularly when ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is congestive heart failure and what causes it?
- Causes of congestive heart failure
- What causes congestive heart failure and kidney failure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Congestive heart failure causes and symptoms
- What are the treatments for congestive heart failure?
- What is congestive heart failure in the elderly?
- What are signs of congestive heart failure?
- Talk to a cardiologist online