Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Way To Help Break Any Addiction
Addiction is a condition in which a person has a strong, persistent physical and psychological need for a habit-forming substance (such as alcohol, cigarettes, or cocaine) or an activity (such as gambling). The person usually suffers physical or psychological withdrawal symptoms if he is unable to continue getting what ...Read more
There are many: Like all addictions treatment should be personalized, that is it should be designed just for you. Treatments can include 12 step meetings, individual and group therapy, medications if other symptoms like depression exist, marriage therapy, cognitive behavior therapy, stress management, social skills training. Find a psychiatrist or sex addiction counselor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Some Questions: I'm going to think of this more neutrally, as simply some "behavior." my questions then: when r u engaging in it? What thoughts, emotions, situations r triggering it? What are ur judgments about this behavior? What is ur understanding of how much of this behavior others ur age/life circumstances engage in? What do u think would need 2b different about u or ur life 2 make u feel less "addicted"? ...Read more
Gradually: Zopiclone is like all of the other "z-drugs" for insomnia that are called "non-benzodiazepines" due to their chemical structure, but cause the same chemical effects in the brain as benzos, and will lead to the same sort of tolerance and benzo withdrawal symptoms. Either reduce it very gradually, or have your physician switch you to valium then gradually taper dosage over of several months. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Professional help: Addiction is physical and psychological. The physical dependence can be eased with medications however the psychological dependence is much greater ! it is really best to get counseling to help you beat the psych. Craving. Most drugs that are abused are basically being used to "self medicate" or treat "issues". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best way to help get free from a meth addiction?
- What is the best way to help a mid fractured humerus heal?
- What is the best way to clean my vagina daily?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best way to get rid of chest congestion in 10 month old baby?
- What is the best way to treat a sunburn on your face?
- What is the best way to get rid of tinea versicolor?
- What is the best way to get rid of a ingrown toenail?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free