Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Way To Get Rid Of Poison Ivy Whuile Pregnant
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Hello I have a severe case of poison ivy and have been trying to get rid of it, What is the best way?
See doctor: If the problem is a mild one, time will heal it. If the problem is severe, you will need to see a doctor who may prescribe some Prednisone pills or a cortisone injection for you. In the meanwhile, try apply some otc Hydrocortisone cream 3 to 4 times daily. In the meanwhile, wash and clean every potential object which might have been in contact with its resin with a laundry soap. ...Read more
Poison ivy: There are specific products that you can buy that will wash the urushiol off. Some options of treating poison ivy include calamine lotion, oatmeal soaks, Hydrocortisone cream and antihistamines. Anything which has touched urushiol from the poison ivy needs to be cleaned (clothes, shoes, gear etc.) oral steroids are sometimes indicated. ...Read more
Steroid: You need to first clean up everything which could possibly touched the ivy resin with detergent (yes and that includes your shoes). Then apply topical Hydrocortisone ointment or cream several times a day to reduce the inflammation. When the involvement is expensive, you may need to take a course of oral cortisone. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the quickest way to get rid of poison ivy?
- What is the best way to get rid of chest congestion in 10 month old baby?
- What is the best way to get rid of tinea versicolor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best way to get rid of unwanted facial hair when dealing with pcos?
- What is the best way to get rid of hand warts fast and without pain?
- What is the best way to get rid of pancreatitis?
- What is the best way to get rid of a cough fast?
- Talk to a dermatologist online