Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Vesicovaginal Fistula
Surgery: When a vesicovaginal fistula has developed, usually after delivery, surgery or radiotherapy, surgery is the treatment. Depending on the exact condition and size, your gynecologist may correct this, or they may need assistance from a urogynecologist or urologist. The most difficult cases are after radiotherapy for pelvic cancers, as these tissues can be slow to heal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A fistula is an abnormal connection between two places. Most commonly, it originates somewhere in the intestine and communicates to another location in the intestine or in the skin. A fistula can develop after abdominal surgery, with inflammatory bowel disease, cancer, anorectal abscess, and ...Read more
Usually not: A fistula is an abnormal connection between 2 organs. A vesicovaginal fistula is a connection between the bladder and vagina. There is usually no pain and the symptom is uncontrollable leakage of urine; some patients are even unaware that the origin is from the vagina. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No reason: Vesicovaginal fistula wordwide is common, usually as result of birthtrauma, but cause in most developed countries is complication of gyn surgery. It won't kill you but symptoms of continually leaking urine and recurrent utis are very unpleasant thus surgical repair is advisable. Some can die in africa from massive sepsis. Surgery can be quite complex so best to find an experienced pelvic surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My sister says she has vesicovaginal fistula. Are family members more likely to get the same thing?
Vesicovaginal fistula cramps. I've bee n diagnosed with vesicovaginal fistula but have no urine leaking, just pelvic cramps. I had a hysterecyears ag.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for carotid cavernous fistula?
- What is the best treatment for lumbar lordosis?
- What is the best treatment for delayed menstrual period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for small penis?
- What is the best treatment for penis scar?
- What is the best treatment for scrotal hematoma?
- What is the best treatment for small testes?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free