Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Translucent Skin
Make up or spray tan: I've never seen translucent skin, but I have seen pale skin. Tanning is one way to make the skin darker but long term exposure to the sun can cause skin aging, sun spots, wrinkling, and cancer. The alternative would be spray tanning or wearing make up. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
More Information: It's hard to know without more information. Is this something you've always had? Or is it new? Does it itch? Is it everywhere? Or only in certain places. You could be experiencing dry skin which may appear as you described above. Also if you've been sunburned recently and are shedding skin which appears white and translucent. Try using gentle moisturizers to keep skin healthy. ...Read more
And I want to be...: ...Good-looking and rich - but that's not going to happen either. In general, you have to play the hand you were dealt. Chemical peels can sometimes even out skin tone, but if you go that route, make sure the doctor doing it has lots of experience with skin peels. ...Read more
You don't...: ...Unless there is an underlying cause, which is possible if this is a new development. Various medical conditions (e.g. Cushing's disease) or over-application of steroid creams, can thin your skin. But if you were born with translucent skin, that's just the way your skin is, and that's okay! pale, silky skin was much admired in victorian times. It's a part of you, so celebrate it! ...Read more
Translucent skin: Improving the tone, texture and pigment in the skin to have a look more luminous may be achieved with the use of home-care skin products and office treatments including peels, microdermabrasion, intense pulsed light or laser resurfacing treatments. The modality used depends on the amount of correction needed. Have a consultation with a cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for severely dry skin over-the-counter lotion?
- What is the best treatment for fragile skin?
- What is the best treatment for bleeding under the skin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for raw skin?
- What is the best treatment for skin color changes?
- What is the best treatment for skin ulcers?
- What is the best treatment for skin pigment changes?
- Talk to a dermatologist online