Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Tooth Pain
Dry socket: It is common to have pain after an extraction. It sounds as if you had a dry socket and the dentist placed some dry socket paste. This dressing may need to be replaced again a couple of times for the dry socket to resolve. I would go see the dentist and have him clean the area and place more paste. The extraction site should start feeling better a little bit every day. If not, something is wrong. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
The tooth: Probably has a very deep filling with pulpal approximation or slight pulpal exposure which is why biodentine was used. If the pain is still present and the occlusion is normal, then the tooth probably need to be treated endodontically (root canal). ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Likely infection: The topical pain killers in dry socket dressings are designed to provide quick acting and sometimes short term relief while the underlying infection starts to resolve. Since that infection can take up to a week to resolve, it is common for pain to recur and require replacement of the dry socket dressing a few times while managing the condition. Systemic painkillers like Ibuprofen are very helpful. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I have had a possible sinus infection for over 2 weeks.With OTC treatment made better, have ear and lower tooth pain now. Severe for a day? Related ?
Diagnosis needed: You need to determine the cause of your grinding problem that leads to pain. Your dentist can make you a mouth guard to protect your tissues and reduce the level of pain while the cause of your grinding (malocclusion, skeletal imbalance, muscular imbalance, stress, parafunctional habits, reaction to medication, etc) is determined. No, you can't fix this with an otc. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for epigastric pain?
- What is the best treatment for penis pain?
- What is the best treatment for pain in pit of stomach?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for big toe pain?
- What is the best treatment for pain in ball of foot?
- What is the best treatment for abdominal pain due to lactic acidosis?
- What is the best treatment for abdominal pain relieved by antacids?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free