Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Tooth Pain
Dry socket: It is common to have pain after an extraction. It sounds as if you had a dry socket and the dentist placed some dry socket paste. This dressing may need to be replaced again a couple of times for the dry socket to resolve. I would go see the dentist and have him clean the area and place more paste. The extraction site should start feeling better a little bit every day. If not, something is wrong. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Likely infection: The topical pain killers in dry socket dressings are designed to provide quick acting and sometimes short term relief while the underlying infection starts to resolve. Since that infection can take up to a week to resolve, it is common for pain to recur and require replacement of the dry socket dressing a few times while managing the condition. Systemic painkillers like Ibuprofen are very helpful. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have had a possible sinus infection for over 2 weeks.With OTC treatment made better, have ear and lower tooth pain now. Severe for a day? Related ?
Diagnosis needed: You need to determine the cause of your grinding problem that leads to pain. Your dentist can make you a mouth guard to protect your tissues and reduce the level of pain while the cause of your grinding (malocclusion, skeletal imbalance, muscular imbalance, stress, parafunctional habits, reaction to medication, etc) is determined. No, you can't fix this with an otc. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How many times...: ...Has this same question, or a slight variation, been asked on healthtap and answered by so many dentists the same way? Best rx, see your dentist. This isn't a do-it-yourself problem. There's nothing you can take to fix it. You need professional help. Get off the computer, pick up a phone, and call your dentist...Now. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for epigastric pain?
- What is the best treatment for penis pain?
- What is the best treatment for pain in pit of stomach?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for big toe pain?
- What is the best treatment for pain in ball of foot?
- What is the best treatment for abdominal pain due to lactic acidosis?
- What is the best treatment for abdominal pain relieved by antacids?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free