Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Tonsillitis
My 14 months old son has had tonsillitis three times in the last six months. What is the best treatment. ?
Antibiotics: I am a huge fan of an antibiotic called clindamycin. Tonsillitis usually involves mouth organisms either primarily or secondarily. Clindamycin is very effective against mouth bacteria whereas a lot of other antibiotics aren't. I'm aggressive with tonsil infections treating with antibiotics even with a viral cause. This is because bacterial superinfection occurs as the virus weakens the tonsil. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best antibiotic treatment for tonsillitis?
- What will be the best method for treating tonsillitis at home?
- What is the best pain relief from tonsillitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Medical treatment for tonsillitis
- Tonsillitis treatment home remedy
- Acute tonsillitis treatment home
- Treatment of recurrent tonsillitis in adults
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free