Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Tender Lymph Nodes
Unclear question: Lymphoma is a tumor (often malignant) of the lymphatic cells and there are different types (i.e., hodgkin's, non-hd, etc.). These can present with non-tender enlarged lymph nodes, along with other signs and symptoms. Some lymphomas are curable and some treatable and controllable for long time periods. ...Read more
Nodes are: Distributed throughout the body. The neck, armpit, and groin are the easiest to see and feel. We all have heard that the sore throat "caused teh glands to swell" and these hurt. Lymphomas are caused by abnormal gene rearrangements in cells composing the regions of a node. One of the features is bcl-2, which prevents dissolving of unnecessary cells (antiapoptosis). These nodes can grow quite larg. ...Read more
Lymph node adenopat: This can be due to inflammatory and non inflammatory causes and each has to be treated appropriately. ...Read more
Diff possibilities: Tender is usually a good sign & if you have a few relatively small tender lymph nodes & you struggle with allergies or have a cold, those could cause it. However if you have a very lg or hard, immobile node(s) it's best to get that checked out. You might also want to check for swollen lymph nodes elsewhere in the body & if you find some, that would be another reason to get checked out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for enlarged chest lymph nodes?
- What is the best treatment for enlarged neck lymph nodes?
- Severe lymph node tenderness
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Non tender lymph nodes
- Tender lymph nodes in armpit
- Tender occipital lymph nodes
- Tender axillary lymph nodes
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online