Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Temporary Episodes Of One Sided Paralysis
...is a corruption of French "paralise" from Latinized Greek "paralysis." In the old days it meant any kind of persistent weakness. To this day Parkinson's disease is also called "paralysis agitans" which is a Latin translation of Dr. Parkinson's original name for it, the "shaking palsy." We've obviously reborrowed the full form "paralysis" into English as well; today ...Read more
My 68 yr old dad is having multiple (5-8/24 hrs) short lived (10 min) episodes of one sided paralysis. Its not tia, what else can it be?
Focal seizure/TIA: Transient 1 side weakness is either focal seizure or (less likely) tia. An eeg and brain mri/mra may pinpoint the exact area in the brain cauing these symptoms. A neurologist is the best doctor to sort out the diagnosis and recommend treatment hope he is better soon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Complicated: I do not believe one should mess around when it comes to your eyes and/or vision. Go get seen by an ophthalmologist at your earliest opportunity to be safe. If this is associated with bells palsy it is usually reversible all by itself. Some doctors use steroids for this condition others don't, but don't mess around with this one, go get checked out please. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Temporary episodes of one sided paralysis
- Remedies for temporary episodes of one sided paralysis
- Episodes of one sided paralysis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Herbal treatment for one sided paralysis
- What causes temporary paralysis?
- What is the best treatment for muscle paralysis?
- What is the best treatment for limb paralysis?
- Talk to a neurologist online