Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Swollen Toenail Area
Urological eval: to determine cause.Get a more detailed answer ›
It may hurt, but...: There is a small piece of nail still embedded in the corner. You need to get that out. If you can't get it out on your own, a podiatrist can. Sometimes this can be done without numbing the toe, but often, anesthesia is necessary. If it is a chronic condition, there is a very successful surgery that can be done to permanently correct the problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See a podiatrist: The podiatrist can examine the toe and may be able to trim the nail properly for you and recommend a topical medication to avoid recurrence or may recommend a more definitive treatment. Depending on the chronicity of your ingrown toenails, you may want to have the edge of the nail plate removed temporarily or permanently. Both procedure are done in-office with little to no down-time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See your physician.: First, the reason for the swelling must be determined. Then the proper treatment can be prescribed. ...Read more
Warm Soaks: Hard to be more specific from your description. A paranychia is a common infection around the finger nail and can cause this. Usually warm soaks help, but if symptoms get worse you may need antibiotics. Get it checked out by your doctor if soaking doesn't help. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Herbal treatment for swollen toenail area
- Remedies for swollen toenail area
- Swollen toenail area
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Home remedies for swollen toenail area
- What is the best treatment for swollen glands?
- What is the best treatment for swollen belly?
- What is the best treatment for swollen abdomen?
- Talk to a dermatologist online