Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Swollen Abdomen
Intestines uterus : As we age there is less muscle and our intestines and other organs can seem to protrude. Also, the elderly can sometimes appear to be swollen due to constipation and women can have a prominent lower abdomen due to a large uterus or fibroids. Other reasons include hernias of the belly button or from a previous incision on the belly. ...Read more
Abdominal swelling, or distention, is more often caused by overeating than by a serious illness. This problem can be caused by: air swallowing (a nervous habit), buildup of fluid in the abdomen (this can be a sign of a serious medical problem), gas in the intestines from eating foods that are high in fiber (such as fruits and vegetables), irritable ...Read more
Fatty food/gallstone: Intermittent swelling of your abdomen may be related to fatty foods and gallstones. Dinner is usually the highest fat meal. Fat triggers gallbladder to squeeze, empty its load of digestive bile into your GI tract. If you have gallstones, dietary fat triggers an abnormal system and bloating/swelling occur. Ultrasound can be diagnostic. Others causes: constipation, gastric bloat, mass. ...Read more
No idea: To whom you're referring.Get a more detailed answer ›
Fluid or ascites: Your mom needs doctor evaluation. If she is otherwise okay, abdomen getting more swollen over six months, it could be fluid expanding her abdomen. There are several other possible causes; mass, metabolic, enlarging liver and spleen. Fluid could be from cancer and/or liver dysfunction. An ultrasound will make the diagnosis. Fluid can be tapped, evaluated and treatments started. Don't delay. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for fluid in the abdomen?
- What is the best treatment for protruding abdomen?
- What is the best treatment for swollen glands?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for swollen labia?
- What is the best treatment for pain in upper abdomen?
- What is the best treatment for moderate swelling of abdomen or legs?
- What is the best treatment for pain in right upper abdomen?
- Talk to a general surgeon online for free