Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Skin That Has Been Scratched Raw And Is Oozing
Anal itching, scratches around anus skin, light bleeding. No pain/normal bowel mov. Rectoscopy normal. Ongoing for years. What is the best treatment?
Clean: Anal itching can be a very tough symptom to cure. However, I have found the following procedure an excellent "almost" cure. Immediately after every bowl movement, wash the area with soap and water. Dry the area well and then either rub in otc Hydrocortisone cream or vasaline petroleum jelly. This routine works great and has been extremely successful with my patients. ...Read more
My eye has been ozzing thick clear fluid now on 3rd day. What is most likely causing this? Will it go away on its own or do I need treatment?
What is the best treatment for skin fungi? I have had it on and off since I was a teenager and am yet to find a fast, effective treatment
Topical Therapy: Tinea versicolor is a common fungal skin infection most prevalent in tropical climates and in adolescents and young adults. This is not contagious. Topical therapy with ketoconazole 2% shampoo can be helpful however pigmentary changes of skin may take months to resolve. If symptoms are severe or you fail topical therapy this condition can be treated with oral anti-fungals as well. ...Read more
See your Doc.: The important thing to do is to get investigated for conditions like diabetes which make you prone to get infections. Aches could be due to infection, if no other cause is found. Correct DX and appropriate treatment would be needed to get rid of this problem. At times surgical cleaning up of the area affected by it, would be required. Hence see your doc, or a skin specialist. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the treatment for lead overdose that is best and has fewest side effects?
- What is the treatment for frostbite that is best and has fewest side effects?
- What is the treatment for cold sores that is best and has fewest side effects?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for oozing crusting skin lesions?
- What is the best treatment for skin rash from scratching?
- What is the best treatment for moderate yellow eyes and skin?
- Treatment for scratches
- Talk to a dermatologist online