Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Short Toes
Mr. Big Stuff.: Short toes can be described as a reduction in the length of one or more toes in relation to the length of other toes on the same or other foot. The reduced length can be due to a reduction in the size bones that form the toe or a reduction in the length of the corresponding metatarsal bone(s). ...Read more
Short or long: The toes can be short or long. A hammertoe is an contracture or a bending of the toe joint which results from a muscle or tendon imbalance due to the mechanical and structural changes that may occur over time. This can be hereditary or due to environmental factors such as tight shoes. This bending leads to an abnormal pressure distribution resulting in pain, swelling, blistering, and corns. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Surgery: Unless you are in pain you don't have to do anything. The only thing that could be done is surgery. ...Read more
Not really: Unless it is creating a problem walking i would not be concerned. ...Read more
Removal, antibiotics: If your ingrown nail is infected, you'll likely need antibiotics, and possibly a nail procedure. Just the painful border can be removed, or the entire nail if necessary (you're numbed up for this, don't worry!). While waiting to see your doctor, soak the toe 10 min/day in luke warm water and epsom salts, use a small amount of topical antibiotic ointment, and cover with a bandaid. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for short sightedness?
- Treating short rib polydactyly syndrome
- What is the best treatment for short fingers?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for short neck?
- What is the best treatment for short long bones?
- What is the best treatment for short internal vagina?
- What is the best treatment for short term memory loss?
- Talk to a orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon online for free