Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Recently Exposed To Poison Oak Or Poison Ivy
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
Got poison ivy or poison oak on my arms what's the best way to get it cleared up? Or is there a shot?
Depends: When I have a patient with significant swelling around the eyes or a problem body part, a shot of steroid would certainly help clear it faster and help the itching fade. In lesser cases, an oral steroid and topical treatment with a steroid or OTC product like IVY dry would help. If you just keep it clean and don't mess with it fading occurs within 2 wks. ...Read more
Split question??: Your question can be interpreted several ways and other answers cover the basics. We often see the palm side of the hand or fingers not break out when the rest of the body or back of the hand will. Some suggest the thickened skin of the palm (or soles of the feet) is resistant to the chemical that triggers the rash. That has been my personal experience with pi. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Topica/oral steroids: Poison ivy and poison oak are types of allergic contact dermatitis, which usually will resolve spontaneously within 2 weeks. For milder cases, use of a topical corticosteroid is effective. More severe cases, especially when the disease affects that face, often require oral corticosteroids, such as prednisone. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Recently exposed to poison oak or poison ivy
- Home remedies for recently exposed to poison oak or poison ivy
- What is the best treatment for previously exposed to poison oak or poison ivy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Best treatments for poison ivy, oak and sumac
- Remedies for previously exposed to poison oak or poison ivy
- What is the best treatment for poison oak?
- What is best treatment for poison ivy?
- Talk to a dermatologist online