Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Purple Feet
Venous congestion.: Congratulations on your pregnancy! this can be an exciting time. This can also be a time of discovery for other aspects of your body. With a baby onboard, this space occupying heaviness can impede the normal venous flow from the feet and legs to the heart. Pooled venous blood in your feet is blue due to low oxygenation--in contradistinction to the red oxygenated blood flowing from the heart. ...Read more
Define purple feet: If your kid has pale or bluish/purple feet when they are exposed to a room temperature about 70 degrees but normal or pink in warm water, then the baby is shifting the surface blood flow to save energy. This is a normal function that allows baby to use energy for growth rather than to heat the feet.If purple in warm water you have a circulation/lung problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Unless your baby is uncomfortable or having trouble breathing, it's not necessary. Babies normally have purple feet and hands, which is why they get 9's on the apgar test instead of 10's. However if the baby has purple or bluish skin elsewhere, or lips they need to be seen immediately, as this could be a sign of heart or lung problems. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have purple feet, almost black cold most of the time the right foot is the worst. Polio at the age of 16.
How serious is swollen purple feet? My disabled 58 yr old brother is in a chair 24/7 and won't go to a doctor. He has mytonic muscular dystrophy.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for bluish purple skin rash?
- What is the best treatment for clammy feet?
- What is the best treatment for flat feet?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for numbness in feet?
- What is the best treatment for blue feet?
- What is the best treatment for small feet?
- What is the best treatment for cold feet?
- Talk to a pediatrician online