Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Psychomotor Deterioration
No: Psychomotor retardation is a very specific state that is associated with, for example, serious depression. One's thought processes and physical actions become abnormally slowed down ("retardation", an old-fashioned term). It might take 30 seconds to nanswer a question such as "what is your name?". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Restlessness: Psychomotor agitation, which is common in depression, mania, and schizophrenia, refers to difficulties "staying still, " either mentally, with thoughts bouncing around all over the place, or physically, with restlessness and a sense of constantly needing to be on the move. Unfortunately, some medications used to treat these disorders also can cause similar symptoms, so monitoring is essential. ...Read more
By definition...: ...Psychomotor retardation is the slowing down of thoughts and physical actions. If dysthymia were to become so severe as to be associated with significant psychomotor retardation, i would think rather of a major depression. But it's true that one might have pmr and not exceed the dysthymia criteria--going by the book alone. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Onset BP raciing thiugh, delayed psychomotor function , fuzzy thought and unable to get words out. Feels like Im disconnected from reality. Poor memor?
Several approaches: Just lowering the dose sometimes is enough to help; not infrequently, if needed, the dose can be raised again later without a return of the agitation. Adding a second mediction to reduce the agitation such as Ativan or Cogentin (benztropine) also can work. Or, switching to a different antidepressant may do the trick. The important thing: don't just accept the side effect but don't quit either. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Psychomotor deterioration
- What is the best treatment for peripheral vision deterioration?
- What is the best treatment for central vision deterioration?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is psychomotor asthenia?
- What are some examples of psychomotor agitation?
- Herbal treatment for peripheral vision deterioration
- What are the remedies for psychomotor agitation resulting from ssri use?
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free