Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Protruding Sternum
I have a protruding sternum and noticed it since I was about 12 now I'm 28 and notice it's getting worse and at time causing aches. What are my option?
Pectus carinatum: It sounds like what you have is: pectus carinatum. It doesn't cause any medical problems or shorten your life. In extreme cases, it can be corrected surgically. Or there are braces you can try, which may alleviate your discomfort. Typically it stops changing after you stop growing as a teenager, but a specialist can take measurements and fit a brace. ...Read more
Yes: A protruding sternum also known as "pigeon chest" or pectus carinatum can be traeted by means of an external pressure brace. These are made by a licensed orthotist. If used afithfully will cause resolution in 3-6 months. Sometimes surgery may be required if the defect is assymetric. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My brother is felt lots of pain in middle of below sternum bone into behind fundus part send right treatment step by step thanks?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for protruding eyes?
- What is the best treatment for protruding forehead?
- What is the best treatment for protruding nipples?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for protruding jaw?
- What is the best treatment for indented sternum?
- What is the best treatment for protruding belly button?
- Protruding sternum
- Talk to a thoracic surgeon online for free