Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Progressive Weakening Of Breathing Muscles
27/m - my upper back muscles and intercoastal muscles have all weakened and have spasmed. I'm now having trouble breathing every day. Please help me.?
Need eval ASAP..,: There are many possible etiologies for your symptoms, some of which can be very serious. If you are experiencing severe shortness of breath, then go to the er for urgent evaluation. If you have shortness of breath but you are able to function, then see your doctor. You will need additional testing, like pulmonary function testing, neurological testing, etc to diagnose your problem. Best of luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is a body tissue that has the ability to contract. It shortens and generates force. It relaxes and returns to its original length. Muscles move joints, stabilize the body, move air and food through the organs, act as valves for bladder, bowel and other organs. They control movement of the eyes. They help us express ourselves by changing the shape of our ...Read more
Accessory breathing muscles diaphragm, intercostal, upper trapezius all are weakened and sore. I can't breathe well for months. Causing anxiety.
Get in today: Dyspnea (shortness of breath) that is wearing you out needs immediate evaluation. This is a serious medical problem that is not in your head. There are many potential causes of dypnea that leads to accessory muscle use, but you need to find out what yours is and treat it if possible. ...Read more
MUSCLE PAIN: Best treatment would be to have a full evaluation by a neurologist to understand what specifically contributes to the muscle problems. Then that cause is treated directly if possible (sometimes with antispasmodics or anti-inflammatories). ...Read more
I'm honestly at the end of my rope with anxiety issues and breathing issues which may or may not be related. What is the best treatment without meds.
Exercise: Usually will heal with rest and time. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Home remedies for progressive weakening of breathing muscles
- What is the best treatment for progressive spasticity?
- What is the best treatment for progressive shortness of breath?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for progressive hearing loss?
- What is the best treatment for breathing difficulty?
- What is the best treatment for mouth breathing?
- What is the best treatment for rapid breathing?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free