Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Polydactyly
Many : OMIM lists 372 genetic loci causing polydactyly. Many are parts of other multiple malformation syndromes and quite a few just affect the fingers or toe, he latter being mapped to chromosomes 4, 7, and 13. Nigerians have a high rate of postaxial polydactyly, usually peduncilated postminimi--over 20%, and blacks have about 10 times the rate of Caucasians. The Japanese have a form of preaxial polydactyly, usually a double terminal phalanx of the thumb, which they regarde as good luck. ...Read more
ASSH: American society for surgery of the hand has excellent internet sites and information. For a specific physician recommend dr joseph upton in boston and brookline mass. ...Read more
Incidence is:::: "all types of polydactyly to be 2.3 per 1000 in white males, 0.6 per 1000 in white females, 13.5 per 1000 in black males, and 11.1 per 1000 in black females. The Swedish data alone showed polydactyly of all types to have an incidence of 1.0 per 1000, equally distributed between males and females." See: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1113584-overview#a0199 ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Remedies for polydactyly
- Polydactyly and syndactyly
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment of eczima?
- What is the best treatment for laryngitis?
- What is the best treatment for bronchitis?
- What is the best treatment for burns?
- Talk to a pediatric orthopedic surgeon online for free