Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Pink Eye
Depends on cause: Classic pink eye is a viral illness with a time frame of 3-8 days in most cases for the virus to be conquered and the eye to normalize. The redness will drop and disappear within these time frames depending upon which virus is the cause. There are other causes for eye redness so check in with your ophthalmologist for the best solution. ...Read more
Visited our son who was on his 3rd day of treatment for pink eye, I developed it 7 days later, after a 2 day visit. Could I have gotten it from him?
"Pink : "pink eye" is a generic term used for viral infections of the eye. Typically it is self-limiting but highly contagious. In the most common presentation if left untreated it will resolve by itself. So as far as natural treatments for pink eye, i would only recommend artificial tears or saline solution to rinse or debulk the viral load. However, if the condition worsens then it is best to discontinue all drops and seek the advise of your doctor. You never want to miss a possible bacterial infection that would require antibiotics! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Yes, that is a common treatment.Get a more detailed answer ›
I've been using Erythromycin ophthalmic for the past 4 days as a treatment for pink eye. How long should I continue to use it? My doctor didn't say.
3-10 days: Almost all "pink eye" is due to one of 40 or so viruses. Each one has a time frame which varies from 3-10 days, so yours will take the amount of time in which it is a member. Treatment has no actual effect; most with this condition are given anti-bacterials as there is no specific anti-viral for these viruses, so treatment makes no difference. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best thing to do for pink eye if you cannot make it to the doctor?
- Treatments for eye floaters
- What is the best treatment for unilateral sunken eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for deep eye pain?
- What is the best treatment for paralysis of eye muscles?
- What is the best treatment for eye muscle paralysis?
- What is the best treatment for mild eye pain?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free