Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Pain On Urination
Depends: Usually an uncomplicated bladder infection is easily treated with a short course of antibiotics. For long term pain, you really need an exam to screen for scarring, polyps, or resistant infections. It's usually a quick visit. Pyridium (phenazopyridine) can be added short term to numb your bladder until your infection is treated. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Painful urination is the high end of urethral discomfort at voiding, which may result from UTI, STD-related urethritis, stone passage, aftereffect of transurethral procedures, but with widely variable expression & intensity reflecting personal tolerance & coping ability. So, interpreting it with ...Read more
Yes: Antibiotics and analgesics/anti-inflmmatory medications are the mainstay of treatment initially for prostatitis and bladder infections. If caught and treated early, the cure rate is very high. If left untreated for a prolonged period of time, it can progress to chroinc prostatitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bloody urine with some clots, painful urination. All went away after treatment on bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim). Lab report not in. Is this likely UTI or bladder cancer?
Could Be/not always: Bleeding and pain with urination, called hematuria and dysuria, are symptoms commonly associated with urinary tract infection/uti but not always uti. It is best to have this checked by doctor with a urinalysis and possibly a urine culture and sensitivity. Infection left untreated can get worse and possibly spread to the kidneys and sometimes bloodstream in severe cases so evaluation is important. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for weak urination?
- What is the best treatment for frequent urination?
- What is the best treatment for more frequent urination?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for sciatica pain?
- What is the best treatment for leg pain?
- What is the best treatment for muscle pain?
- What is the best treatment for chest pain?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free