Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Normal Blood Pressure
120/80 or less: This standard has been moving. It seems that the lowest pressure that is tolerated is best but generally we prefer less than 120/less than 80. Over 130 sytolic or 90 diastolic is undesirable. ...Read more
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
140/85 or LESS: Your BP should be 140/85 or less at rest. It is normal for it to go up with activity and stress. You should check your BP after resting for 5 min. Females typically have low bp. I would not worry about low numbers unless you feel tired or dizzy. Young, skinny, healthy females typically have BP of 90/60 without problems. ...Read more
Less than 140/90: Normal BP: Systolic lower than 120 mm Hg, diastolic lower than 80 mm Hg. Prehypertension (means above the normal but not high enough to call it high BP): Systolic 120-139 mm Hg, diastolic 80-89 mm Hg. High blood BP is any value above 140/90. I hope this helps. ...Read more
120/80: Normal NORMAL blood pressure is 120/80. As we age, both numbers can drift up, so 130/80 wouldn't be too worrisome although lower is better. If your bottom number is going up (90 or more) then you are starting to show some sign your body is reacting to a higher than normal blood pressure, and it is time to ask about how to prevent its going even higher. See your provider. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
140/90 or lower: 140/90 or lower.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for severe high blood pressure?
- What is the best treatment for moderate high blood pressure?
- What is the best treatment for high blood pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for low blood pressure on standing?
- What is the best treatment for abnormal blood pressure?
- What is the best treatment for unstable blood pressure?
- What is normal blood pressure for children?
- Talk to a cardiologist online