Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Non Venomous Snake Bite
Simply speaking: venomous bites are received from a species of snake that produces venom. There are grades of envenomation which are determined by the type of venomous snake biting and the severity of the symptoms caused by the venom. There are some bites that are "dry" - no venom injected. Dr. Sean bush from loma linda is an expert in this field and i ...Read more
4 minute rinse: Rinse your wound well. Hold it under a running tap of lukewarm water fro 4 minutes. Watch a clock [it will seem like a long time. It's singing the alphabet song 8 times!]. You don't need antibacterial soap or hydrogen peroxide. Watch for infection signs: redness, increased pain, pus, tenderness/red streaks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can be: Non-venemous just means no toxic/dangerous substance from the snake going inside your dbody, but the punctures from the teeth can be painful in certain areas of the body--sensitive areas. Fortunately though, these are often small and only causes minor discomfort, escpecially if you have high pain tolerance.. Monitor for signs of infection...Swelling, redness, pain, puss etc... Check with your doc. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
ER: Non-venomous snake bites can be very painful and at high risk for infection. Certainly cleaning the area with soap and water is the best first step. If any signs of infection develop (worsening pain, redness and swelling are the most common) then you should seek medical care. I am hoping you are certain the bite was from a non-venomous snake. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for circular rash at the site of a tick bite?
- What is the best treatment for dental bite disturbances?
- What is the best treatment for chigger bites?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for delayed menstrual period?
- What is the best treatment for anal mucus discharge?
- What is the best treatment for small penis?
- What is the best treatment for penis scar?
- Talk to a wilderness medicine specialist online for free