Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Necrotizing Fasciitis
Immediate surgery: Necrotizing fasciitis requires emergency surgical intervention and wide debridement of all devitalized tissues, in combination with antibiotics given in high dosages. This cannot be managed with only a single modality and if not treated quickly can be life-threatening. ...Read more
Remove dead tissue: Surgery to open the skin and remove the dead tissue under the skin is critical, the sooner the better. Strong intravenous antibiotics and intensive care are also important. Hyperbaric oxygen treatments can help, but are not as important as prompt surgery. Later, the wounds can be closed, sometimes with grafts. The wound vac can help ready the wounds for closure and/or grafting. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
This is a very : Serious infection. While i feel you would know if you had it, any hint at it, such as early cellulitis with ulceration of skin, a feeling of air bubbles or crackling under your skin where you think the infection is, systemic signs like fever and chills as well, or, as it can be seen, a large dead area of skin down to muscle. If you even think you may have it, get to a hospital. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the treatments for necrotizing fasciitis?
- What is the best treatment for plantar fasciitis?
- Necrotizing fasciitis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Cellulitis necrotizing fasciitis
- Is necrotizing fasciitis contagious?
- Necrotizing fasciitis vs gangrene
- Symptoms necrotizing fasciitis flesh eating
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online