Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Movement Disorder
Will taking 60 mg. of cymbalta (duloxetine) for several years cause me to end up with a movement disorder?
You mean for sure?: You need to educate yourself about the different classes of psychotropic medications & their mechanisms of action. The drugs most likely to cause dyskinesias or dystonias are the neuroleptics (phenothiazines etc). Recent data suggest the risk with Cymbalta (duloxetine) is ~1 in 200. Personally, I doubt it's even that high. Knowledge is power. Arm yourself. ...Read more
My boyfriend seems to have periodic limb movement disorder. However, we don't have health insurance. Anything we can do?
Search online: Regardless of supreme court ruling, just b/c you don't have health insurance doesn't mean you can't get (good) health care. Search online for free health clinics, etc. Sorry for the self-advertising but this "no insurance" question has come up enough times that i put together a short page on my website pointing towards sites that offer free (or low cost) healthcare, medications & possibly tests. ...Read more
ClassicPsychoSomatic: meaning mind-body; always inseparable, though many, esp. physicians, choose to believe that they are separable because, though fundamental to all of life, underlying human/mind issues considered too complex &/or threatening. Study: https://www.bcm.edu/healthcare/care-centers/parkinsons/conditions/psychogenic-movement-disorders for small introduction & focus on issues/situations which FMD changes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for choreiform movement?
- What is the best treatment for urinary disorders?
- Psychogenic movement disorder treatment
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What leads to a rhythmic movement disorder?
- Best seizure disorder treatment
- Best treatment for anxiety disorder
- What happens to people with stereotypic movement disorder?
- Talk to a neurologist online