Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Lumpy Breasts
Have lumpy breasts before period, after the lumpiness is there, but much less. do fibrocystic lumps need to disappear or just increase and decrease?
Few days: If you are breast feeding and you have experienced lumpy tender breast/breasts as you are learning to breast feed, you may have mild engorgement. If you have pain and fever call your OB about need for medication. If no fever, try pumping breasts for 3-5 minutes before breast feeding to get milk flowing and unclog ducts. Usually 2 or 3 days of this before feeds will resolve problem. ...Read more
Is it normal to have really lumpy breasts 1 or 2 weeks before a period? These lumps feel a tiny bit hard and I can't tell if it's just normal or not
Clogged ducts: Breastfeeding women can develop clogged milk ducts which can make the breasts lumpy. It is important to get these out by completely emptying the breasts, and using warm compresses and breast massage during feeding/pumping. If they are not worked out, it is possible to develop a mastitis. ...Read more
Lumpy breast: Normal breast tissue can sometimes feel lumpy. Some women do regular breast self-exams. Doing breast self-exams can help you learn how your breasts normally feel and make it easier to notice and find any changes. Breast self-exams are not a substitute for mammograms. Always get breast changes checked out by your doctor . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Lumpy breasts
- What is the best treatment for breast firmness?
- What is the best treatment for breasts enlarged?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for breast tenderness?
- What is the best treatment for breast buds?
- Is breast lumpiness a symptom of breast abscess?
- Is breast lumpiness a symptom of mastitis?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online