Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Lip Biting
Cognitive behaviorTx: If lip biting has been occurring over a relatively brief period of time, i would encourage the individual to become more conscious or aware and making a mental note, or instead by keeping a daily journal of all the details; if the behavior continues i would recommend a therapist who practices cbt. ...Read more
Attend / Substitute: You have to notice when you are doing it. Ideally try to notice what the feelings or thoughts are that precede it. Usually to pay attention to something it helps to track it. A log on your cell phone or on a piece of paper. Time, thought, emotion. Then try to substitute something else - when you feel the urge perhaps say the word "relax" to yourself and imagine yourself someplace relaxing. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Do things slowly: If you bite your lip when chewing, going more slowly and being more careful can help. If your mouth is truly moving involuntarily, see a neurologist for an examination and consultation. ...Read more
Difficult!: Nail biting is a very difficult habit to break. One thing you could do is have your child keep his hands covered with gloves to break the cycle of nail biting. Gently removing the childs fingers from their mouth each time you notice them biting is another method. In pharmacies, if you can find it, is nail biters liquid. This is a very bitter liquid painted on to the nails, and discourages biting. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for cheek biting?
- Herbal treatment for lip biting
- What is the best treatment for experiencing nipple biting?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for thin lips?
- What is the best treatment for lip blister?
- What is the best treatment for blue lips?
- What is the best treatment for pale lips?
- Talk to a oral and maxillofacial surgeon online for free