Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Joint Pain
See pmd: May have nsu rule out reiter, s disease. ...Read more
When doing physical therapy for muscleskeletal & joint pain, is it best to do TENS/Heat/Massage/Ultrasound before the exercises & stretches or after?
Just diagnosed w/ lumbar facet joint pain & was told I have artheritis in my left hip. Got helpful injection in discs but hip hurts. Best treatments?
No specific oil: Stretching, heat from a shower or heating pad (don't get burned), massage, & acupuncture can help. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) can help with both pain relief and in reducing inflammation. Examples are ibuprofen (like Advil, Nuprin or Motrin), Naproxen sodium (like Aleve, (naproxen) Naprosyn, Anaprox) or Asprin (such as Bayer, Ecotrin, Ascriptin). Avoid NSAID's if pregnant or allergic. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Chikungunya: treatment is largely symptomatic in nature. There is no vaccine to prevent it & no specific treatment for it. Rest, hydration and Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications are recommended. Skin discoloration may occur which can be treated w/ topical corticosteroids (use sunscreen). For itching (urticaria) an antihistamine may help. Topical antibiotics may be used on ulcers. Oral corticosteroids ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: Usually with joint pain that is common stiffness or osteoarthritis can be treated first line with otc tylenol, (acetaminophen) and/or nsaids like Ibuprofen and naproxen. Failing that you should see your doctor for more evaluation and possible prescription treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for joint pain or stiffness?
- What is the best treatment for toe joint pain?
- What is the best treatment for ankle joint pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Best treatment for sacroiliac joint pain
- What is the best treatment for joint stiffness?
- What is the best treatment for brittle joints?
- What is the best treatment for aching joints?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free