Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Joint Inflammation
Arthritis is progressive degeneration of one or more joints. Symptoms may include joint pain, swelling, decreased motion, and stiffness. The two most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, which is associated first with articular cartilage breakdown with a component of inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis, which is a systemic autoimmune disorder that affects joint linings first and secondarily ...Read more
Have value: Used on a limited basis have value at alleviating pain reducing inflammation, particularly for inflammatory arthritis (rheumatoid, gout, etc). Should be used with caution if at all in younger pt with no evidence of cartilage breakdown or inflammatory arthritis. In this situation underlying cause of pain must be identified/addressed as apposed to repeated injections. ...Read more
Inflammation is the body's attempt at self-protection; the aim being to remove harmful stimuli, including damaged cells, irritants, or pathogens - and begin the healing process. Inflammation is part of the complex biological response of vascular tissues to harmful stimuli, such as pathogens, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for lip inflammation?
- What is the best treatment for bladder inflammation?
- What is the best treatment for tongue inflammation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for corneal inflammation?
- What is the best treatment for toe inflammation?
- What is the best treatment for penis inflammation?
- What is the best treatment for joint stiffness?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free