Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Itchy Elbow
Hyperkeratosis: When skin thickens on the elbows and knees it gets bumpy, rough and sometimes itch. This is best treated with a skin exfoliating cream. There are over-the-counter creams with 12% ammonium lactate to start with. However, sometimes you may need a prescription cream to help those really stubborn spots. ...Read more
Hi there, I have itchy elbows, no rashes or bumps, they just itch and I can't seem to make it go away?
ITCHY ELBOWS?: HOW LONG HAVE THEY BEEN ITCHY? SOUNDS LIKE A CONTACT DERMATITIS FROM SOMETHING YOU HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH. THINK HARD WHAT YOU WERE DOING JUST BEFORE THE ITCHING BEGAN . . . IT DOESNT SOUND SERIOUS OR CONTAGIOUS. SEE YOUR PCP OR A DERMATOLOGIST TO RELIEVE YOUR WORRY. BEST LUCK. ...Read more
Not suggested: Bactroban (mupirocin) is an antibiotic- itching of the eyebrows is not considered a bacterial infection. It can be caused by other processes such as dry skin or a skin reaction to a soap. By using this antibiotic, you run the change of developing a multridrug resistant bacteria on the skin that can potentially infect you in the future. Talk to your healthcare provider and have your eyebrows looked at- ...Read more
Bumps: This can't be diagnosed with the information that is available. A history, physical examination & other studies may be needed to determine cause/causes. Once accurately assessed a treatment plan can be developed. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for nursemaids elbow?
- What is the best treatment for limited elbow extension?
- What is the best treatment for itchy rash?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for itchy skin?
- What is the best treatment for itchy eyes?
- Herbal treatment for itchy elbow
- What causes itchy elbows?
- Talk to a dermatologist online