Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Hyperextensible Joints
Yes: Basically the same.Get a more detailed answer ›
You cannot: Joint stability is related to the tightness of the ligaments. Other than for medical procedures, you cannot tighten the joints to ease your hyperextensibility. ...Read more
Hypermobility syndro: Hypermobility syndrome. Most people think you are protected from osteoarthritis and injury by hypermobile joints. Just the opposite. You are more likely to sprain, strain, and tear major ligaments in the knee, because your joints bend more. Hypermobile joints are associated with some serious genetic disorders, but most are not. Hypermobility is associated with mitral valve prolapse, & etc. ...Read more
"Double jointed": Features joints that easily move beyond the normal range expected for a particular joint. The joint hypermobility syndrome is considered a benign condition. It is estimated that 10%-15% of normal children have hypermobile joints or joints that can move beyond the normal range of motion. ...Read more
Loose joints: Some folks are genetically predisposed to have extra laxity of their joints. This by itself is not something to worry about. ...Read more
My 3yr old son has hyperextensible joints and walks on his tip toes, he tends to walk as if his legs are going togive way , hands/knees arms click?
Can joint hypermobility syndrome cause referred pain? If so, what is the best way to help with the pain?
Hypermobility: Hypermobility can be assoc. with joint pain esp. if you've dislocated a joint or sustained an injury to the joint. Referred pain means, pain in another area (related) to the primary site often on the same side. It is difficult to be more precise with your question. Look at hypermobility support groups: http://hypermobility.org/ Keep your muscles, tendons strong with appropriate PT. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for joint hypermobility?
- What is the best treatment for joint inflammation?
- What is the best treatment for aching joints?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for joint pain?
- What is the best treatment for ankle joint pain?
- What is the best treatment for toe joint pain?
- What is the best treatment for joint pain or stiffness?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free