Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Hyperactive Deep Tendon Reflexes
See below: A DTR is a brisk contraction of a muscle in response to a sudden stretch induced by a sharp tap by a finger or rubber hammer on the tendon of insertion of the muscle. Absence of the reflex may be caused by damage to the muscle, peripheral nerve, nerve roots, or spinal cord at that level. A hyperactive reflex may indicate disease of the pyramidal tract above the level of the reflex arc being tested. ...Read more
0-4: Deep tendon reflexes, of which the knee-jerk is the best known, are spinal reflexes triggered by hitting certain tendons. Triceps, biceps, patellar (knee) and ankle are the most commonly tested and are graded 0-4 as follows: 0-absent 1-small reaction 2=normal 3=brisk 4=clonic (continuous jerking) clinical context and symmetry more important than the actual reflex grade though. ...Read more
No: If the person under the influence his reflexes should be down from normal. ...Read more
Medical intervention: An evaluation and treatment by an orthopedic surgeon or a podiatrist. ...Read more
I have a sore Achilles tendon from running. Do I risk serious injury if I keep running? Is rest the best treatment? For how long?
Yes: If at is hurting rest it. Listen to you body when having pain. However, don't listen to your achilles when not hurting. Meaning, when returning to running go gradually: do rest, tylenol, masssage, may be pt then do graudal return to activity-> walk, then faster walk, short jogging (on grass, threadmill), then run and advance distant and intensity carefully.. Do proper warm up, streach, & rest. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for deep voice?
- What is the best treatment for deep set eyes?
- What is the best treatment for chest pain on deep breaths?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for deep eye pain?
- What is the best treatment for lumbar lordosis?
- What is the best treatment for delayed menstrual period?
- What is the best treatment for anal mucus discharge?
- Talk to a adhd and autism specialist online for free