Doctor insights on:
What Is The Best Treatment For Floppy Baby
Nonspecific observtn: "floppy baby" is a nonspecific term used to describe an infant whose muscle tone is diminished.Tone is like the stretchy of a rubber band, when weak, decreased tone prevents babies from maintaining their posture. This implies a disturbance, anywhere from the brain down to the nerve or muscle. Some conditions with low tone include:down syndrome, brain injury, spinal muscular atrophy, prader-willi synd. ...Read more
Maybe: Floppy baby syndrome or hypotonia has many causes. Most babies with hypotonia can receive their immunizations on time, however each child will need to be evaluated before the specific question can be answered. It is a delicate balance between preventing a serious infection and potential side effects of vaccines. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No treatment needed: Fetal cholelithiasis is relatively common (1 in 300 pregnancies). It is caused usually by hemolytic conditions of newborns or maternal hemolytic anemias. The prognosis is excellent, with most stones gone by the babies' first year of life. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the best treatment for floppy infant?
- What is floppy baby syndrome?
- What causes floppy baby syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Tests for floppy baby
- Floppy baby syndrome symptoms
- Floppy baby syndrome
- What is the best treatment for a baby with exzma?
- Talk to a pediatrician online